Skip to content
Questions Worth Pondering
- What does it mean when a body is charged? uncharged/neutral?
- Do positive charges actually move in the process of charging a body?
- In charging a metal conductor by induction (to become positively charged metal conductor), do the positive charges redistribute themselves uniformly over the metal conductor at the end?
- How do we determine the direction of the electric field setup by an isolated charge (outward vs inward)?
- Lightning is an example of a sudden discharge between the cloud and the earth, what is the direction of the lightning (cloud to earth or earth to cloud)?
- Do charges distribute themselves uniformly over the surface of a conductor? (Hint: perfectly spherical vs tear drop shape)
Other useful websites