Questions Worth Pondering
- What’s the difference between heat capacity and specific heat capacity?
- Is evaporation considered a vaporisation process? How about boiling?
- Why does evaporation occur so slowly compared to boiling? [Hint: mechanism of evaporation process]
- Does condensation occur more in cool air or warm air? [hint: consider the speed of the water molecules]
- We usually boil water using heat. Can we boil water without using heat?
- Is it easier to make snowball in very cold weather compared to just cold weather? Check out this phenomenon called regelation (answer)to get some hints.
Graphical Illustration of Energy Changes